According to the QS MBA Rankings of 2021, six of the world’s top 150 universities are located in Canada. The duration of an MBA in Canada ranges from 1 – 2 years in the top universities. The course fees of MBA degree from top institutes in Canada ranges from 16,000 to 80,000 CAD (11 Lakhs to 59 Lakhs for an Indian student) depending on the choice of institution. Scholarships are available to make MBA courses affordable.
For admission in MBA in Canada at least 76% (or more) in your bachelor’s, IELTS score (7.0 or other test equivalents), GMAT / GRE scores (waivers available) are required with priority to work experience (3 – 5 years). But to study, it is imperative to tick the checklist of criteria and documents before applying!
MBA in Canada: Course Fees and Duration
Read on to know the course fees and other requirements about MBA in Canada before applying.
The average cost for business management, and public administration courses in Canada is 24,693 CAD. The application cost ranges from 45 to 200 CAD depending on the university. The living expenses range from 1,250 to 2,500 CAD.
What Students Must Have to Study MBA in Canada?
Some of the basic eligibility requirements to study MBA in Canada are mentioned below:
- Bachelor’s Degree: The candidate must get a bachelor degree from any recognized institution.
- Work Experience: The candidate having work experience has preference in admission.
- English Language Proficiency: Candidates belonging to non-native English speaking country must appear English language proficiency tests like – IELTS or TOEFL.
- GMAT: A good GMAT score is required for admission into a top university to study MBA in Canada.
The process of applying for an MBA in Canada must be started at least 7 – 8 months before to get admission. Candidates must visit the official websites of the colleges and universities for applying.
MBA in Canada: Required Documents
- Academic record including all documents of graduation.
- Test score card of IELTS or TOEFL.
- Fund Proof and Bank Statements.
- Work Experience Proof (if any).
- Letter of recommendation (LOR) from current and previous managers / supervisors and your graduate faculty who have judged your work closely.
- Statement of purpose must be required for evaluation of the application by the admission committee.
- Attach all documents related to the Canadian Visa.
Application Process for MBA in Canada
Some steps of application process are mentioned below:
- Fill in the necessary information in the application form published by universities.
- Submit attested copies of mark sheets of colleges as required by universities. Candidates must submit sealed, signed mark sheets which are attested by the registrar.
- Candidates must submit GMAT or TOEFL scores.
- Must highlight your work experience and achievements in the resume.
- Recommendation letters from teachers and employers must be attached.
- Statement of purpose for admission must be written by the applicant with the reason for choosing the specific course.
Eligibility Parameters to study MBA in Canada
Most of the institutes in Canada provide their own formats of recommendation letters and statement of purpose. The minimum marks required of the institute are different.
- Minimum score: Most universities in Canada require a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 to 3.5 which is approximately 70%+ in the undergraduate degree. Students must score high on the GMAT. The minimum score for GMAT ranges from 500 to 600 based on the institution.
TOEFL is also compulsory for most universities and the minimum TOEFL score ranges between 550 to 600 (Paper based test) and 213 to 250 (Computer based test). Some universities accept IELTS scores.
- Recommendation Letters: The teacher or professor must mention candidates’ details, the duration they were known by their teachers and in what context. The recommendation letters must contain sufficient information regarding the candidates’ overall profile.
- The Statement of Purpose: The statement of purpose is one of the most important documents which create the first impression as an individual. A statement of purpose is acceptable if students describe themselves well and provide solid reasons for choosing the particular university and course.
To know more about Eligibility, Application, and Immigration Process to study in Canada, please follow this link here.
MBA in Canada Scholarship
There is very limited scope for scholarship for international students who want to pursue an MBA in Canada. Some students can avail scholarships based on their excellent academic and other achievements under this course. Good candidates are eligible for popular scholarship programs such as:
- Ontario Graduate Scholarships (OGS): This fellowship is to provide for quality education at the masters and doctorate levels, funded by the government.
- University of Waterloo Graduate Scholarship: The University of Waterloo provides this scholarship to meritorious students pursuing graduate studies.
- Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship (All countries except UK): This scholarship is provided to the meritorious students who pursue masters or Ph.D. abroad.
- Go Clean Scholarship: This scholarship is provided to meritorious students who want to pursue their higher studies from abroad.
Top Business Schools offering MBA Courses in Canada
Name of some of the top universities for MBA courses in Canada are:
|Top MBA Colleges||University||QS MBA Rankings 2021||MBA Courses in Canada|
|Rotman School of Management||University of Toronto||45||Brand Management Investment Banking Management Analytics Real Estate Health Sector Management|
|Desautels Faculty of Management||McGill University||59||General Law MBA and Executive MBA|
|Smith School of Business||Queen’s University||66||MBA+JD Digital Transformation Sales and Marketing MBA + Master of Finance|
|Ivey Business School||University of Western Ontario||69||International Management Entrepreneurship Finance|
|Schulich School Business||York University||88||Business Consulting Strategic Management Marketing Global Mining Management|
|Alberta School of Business||University of Alberta||101-110||Energy Finance Strategy and Consulting Innovation and Entrepreneurship|
|John Molson School of Business||Concordia University||121-130||Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain|
MBA in Canada: PGWP (Post Graduation Work Permit)
International students who pursue an MBA degree from an institution approved by the provincial or territorial government can apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP).
- Candidates who are pursuing a 2 year MBA program can stay up to three years after completion of their course.
- For the MBA programs of duration range from 8 months to 2 years, students can stay there after their study program.
- Qualified students can also apply for permanent residency under the Express Entry program.
Here, we have thus mentioned all the required information needed for applying to MBA in Canada. Students can tick their checklist accordingly before applying.